Dear friends,
For some time now, I have been under a lot of pressure to get married! yessoh u toooooooooo?
It is no surprise to me that I am not the only one, my friends, sisters, and brothers have the same pressure…..from family and friends alike.
Adelle,
Your biological clock is ticking … oh
Lower your standards oh! ..you expect too much… You have to lower your standards or else!
OR ELSE WHAT?
Friends, it is too much to ask for a man to be
God fearing
Hardworking
Humble
Respectful and……………
Yes! I know, I am just like any other gurl….I want the happily ever after too, I want to wake up every morning besides someone who loves me ; return from work all tired and have my sweet heart waiting for me …. to share the successes and failures our day, our worries, laughter…Yes! I also want to quarrel and make up too…aww making up can be sooooo sweet!; I want to share my children with this person laugh over their antics …discuss their future together
Oh yes……I want to.. I want to …I want to. But does this mean I have to lower my standards.
I am afraid I already have…..while I was growing up, I had this picture of the man I would love to marry…God’s willing.. But recently with all the pressure, I have been like;
Maybe I should just marry Matt, at least he respects me and with time things could change. Or Jerry could be better ... he smokes but maybe my constant refusal to kiss him might make him stop…and my friends will say….what about Jacques..Wow he is all over you….Blah blah blah
My friend, I still have faith that my Mr. Right is out there and the Lord is just waiting for the right time to bring us together…. But then how do I know him when I meet him…is he already here, is it Matt, Jerry or… but then they don’t have all the qualities I wish for ….then again it is possible to find someone with these qualities?
But then again I am thinking is marriage made for every one?
ShareWithAdelle
5 comments:
Adele, your topic is of great interest:first of all, marriage to my view is a union of two imperfect persons who have to forget their background (whether rich or poor, intelligent or low in reasoning, lovable or never grew in love, etc).If you consider marriage on what you will benefit from the other party without seeing or considering what you will contribute, you will hardly ever succeed in any relationship.Everyone needs someone that will add value to their lives in a positive way.
Secondly, tolerance and forgiveness is what supports a happy marriage, so never you marry somebody you hardly tolerate or forgive them when they offend you. Otherwise your home will be full of grudges and quarreling. Watch out!!
Thirdly, there is no such thing as Mr. Right, it is the Lord that gives us what will best fit us; you may want a fair person, but the one that comes your way is fair outside but dark inside, so, let God's choice for you prevail.
Finally, I would like to say marriage is an institution from the Lord, and in every institution there is a learning process, endeavor to be open for corrections from those that are succeeding in it in Love and experience.Do not joint friend with those who promote divorce, because you can carry the same into your marriage and looking always for faults not solution.
There is more to talk but time will not permit.
Thanks dear...and congratulations on being the first!
I agree with you that we all need someone to add value to our lives..I believe that this is why we seek for some qualities when looking for 'our Mr Right'. But then like it or not, you get into marriage considering what you can benefit from each other be it emotionally or financially.
You mentioned tolerance and forgiveness but i have to say all of this has their limits depending on what each person can take.
I thank for sharing this with us and will finish my comments 2morrow
Oh dear, when i talked of Mr Right, I mean God's choice for me.
In as much as marriage is good, one should not go out of his or her way because of it.Be yourself, and put it in prayers for if it is an added vocation from God who is the ultimate, He will guide you to each other.You have to be tolerant for the chosen one might not have all the qualities you so much desired.The tolerance should not be exaggerated.
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!
Tnx Jose....sorry it has takem almost a year to reply you. This simply indicates that this topic is still an issue with me. DITTo my frd...we have the same thoughts...but tell me, do you have a clue on how to let those arround us understand this as we do....sharewithmeeeeeeeee
the issue about marriage is really complicated. the qualities we seek are those of an ideal man i will say and they are all very difficult but not impossible anyway to have. again i will say never u want to marry man and u intend to change hime while in the marriage . just have it at the back of ur head that he may or may not change cos men hardly change their habits just marry him for who he is.just paray for God to permit u to meet the one that can understand u and vice versa. learn to tolerate and always share ur stories with him. t think this can promote a healthy environment for a good and fruitful marriage.
Post a Comment