Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hey!!!

Heyyyyyyyyyy!
Quite a long time isn't it? Well I have been kinda busy lately with professional , family and personal issues.
I have had a very difficult  week lately and this night just decided to have a bottle of Merlot ( Grand Sud) offered by a dear friend on Sunday. I am cooking this wine ( as my friend Gilbert will say), while listening to some music by the group ABBA......listenning to "Fernando" and " The Winner takes it all" kind of takes me back to my old school days when I was in uppersixth and the summer hols after the GCE Advanced Levels. Looking back, this was the height or romance in my life.....I mean I actually went through the process of meeting someone along the road ( bonas in Yaounde) or during a concert ( at Congress Hall, Bamenda) and actually thought that the best thing that could happen to me then was if this person could actually talk to me and ask me out....and they did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Needless to mention here that those who know me then did believe and it was true that I was that kind of girl who even in high school was so shy that if a guy talks to me, he immediately becomes my enemy; I will never speak to you again and the moment I meet you after on the road, I will immediately take the other way....hahahaha...hard to believe isn't it Ernest but sooooooooooo true.


Ok...back to earth...so why am I up this late instead of having a well deserved rest on my bed. The thing is my dears....while really into my wine, I began to think that those were the best days, the most romantic days of my life!!! Yes, I have met wonderful people since then but looking back, I do so cherish those days...I am so grateful for having had those peaple in my life even if it might not have ended well, can you imagine taking a taxi from my place to my then boyfriend's house not for a visit but just to share the same environment as him ....to steal a glance at his face without him knowing I are around?...this was before cell phones and we had to make arrangements with attendants at phone shops on when to  making and receive calls....how we cherished those few minutes we had with each other while out of town. Do you remeber when the heights of your days was in going on dates to local cinema rooms to watch Nigerian films, hanging around the lover's lane in CCAST Bambili, going to Lisbon and Mondial for Tea time? for me, those were the good old days.....and I do appreciate them more because while looking back, I could only remember the goods things.


So my dear frds, is it because I was young, or I am I a bit wiser? share with meeeeeeeeeee

No comments: