I got up today and thought that it's high time I cleanse my self with some fun, laughs and tears....for a while now I have been too serious with work, fasting and whatever but I do know that we are all human and even God needs a break from time to Time.
Talking of fun, I met this great guy in my taxi this morning on my way to work...Tall, dark, kinda cute and very polite...inshort my kinda guy.
From his body movements I can safely conclude he fell for me too; you know what with his starring at my legs,Bold glances my way, frequent adjustment of his tie.....
I was just dying for this guy to talk to me, ask for my number yet I pretended I have not noticed all these signs but under the protection of my glasses was giving him these secret glances just waiting for him to make to first move....when the third passenger from our backseat alighted and left the two of us, this guy who was sitting in the middle kept himslf glued to me....not moving an inche to make any space ! so I thought here it comes!!! But Atlast he alighted a few minutes later with me still pretending but not before turning with a cute little smile to wish me a good day.
Right now in the office I am regreting not making a move towards this guy! Is this as a result of cultural Barriers, myths, beliefs, dating rules?......that a man always makes the first move?
This takes me back to several instances where percieved societal norms have made me to take the backseat.....thinking people might view me as too forward for a woman....but where have all of these respect of societal norms taken me? I still want this guy...and when next we need again, I am gonna make that move.....
What about you my dear friends, are there instances in your life where you have been made to take a back seat because of what our society have defined as gender roles?
ShareWithAdelle!!!
2 comments:
Well he too might have have been caught in the 'good guy/gentleman' trap ... which goes something like "She looks respectable/dignified ...if i make a move (in a taxi) she might be offended"
But he could have started chitchat ...break the ice long enough to create a second meeting. ... u could have started the chit chat too.
Hahaha,I really wish I did....I do regret it till this day!!! but given the same opportunity would I do it now? I am not sure....why? because the culture I was brought up in is so built so deep within me that it might take the generation of my great grand daughter to uproot it!! but still just thinking that I could have is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment